From playing games to getting some work done, the Black Shark 4 was able to handle everything that I threw at it. The Snapdragon 870 may not have the same clock speeds as something like the Snapdragon 888, but it can definitely keep up. Obviously, this is helped with the RAM combination being used (8GB in our model), but the CPU is enough of a horse to be more than sufficient for pretty much anything. As for the Black Shark 5 Pro’s fast charging, it’s very effective. Especially since Black Shark offers a feature called Dual-mode Charge that allows you to choose from two fast charging methods.
The triggers are magnetic so they tend to slide out at the slightest movement. You can usually rely on Xiaomi to provide very good displays for its phones, and the 6.67-inch Super AMOLED screen on the Black Shark 4 Pro is no exception. It has a maximum refresh rate of 144Hz, support for HDR10+, and a maximum brightness of 1300 nits.
- The even brightness distribution on the screen is good, but the color accuracy is rather mediocre.
- After following the steps will surely fix the sudden shutdown issue on Xiaomi Black Shark 4.
- As a comparison, the previous Xiaomi 10 Supreme Commemorative Edition also carries a 4500mAh battery and 120W fast charging, but the full charge time takes 23 minutes.
- The Black Shark 4 has a single front camera setup that can be used for selfies link 7.
- Night photography varies a lot, depending entirely on the angle and number of light sources.
The glass rear is matte to help resist fingerprints with the familiar X pattern visible beneath, with interesting light refraction effects that give it a premium, but not so ‘in-your-face-gamer’ look. Gaming phones have long been popular for their beefed-up spec sheets and unimaginable amounts of RAM. Oh, and they’re often treated with striking designs, clearly inspired by sci-fi and cyberpunk genres. This focus on power and visuals, while appealing to enthusiasts, often intimidates potential consumers who are less willing to commit to the edgy aesthetics.
- It’s important to use only firmware flash files that are specifically designed for your device, as using an incompatible firmware flash file can result in serious problems, such as bricking the device (making it unusable).
- On the left side, there’s nothing to speak of other than the volume rocker and the SIM card slot.
- Of course, it’s not going to beat something like the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, but that phone costs at least $1,200 to the Black Shark 4 Pro’s $579.
- Keeping temperatures cooled is especially important with gaming phones.
- Copyright © Best full guides for upgrade firmware all devices – 2023.
- Global Positioning System (GPS) hardware support and features.
For a smartphone just for gaming, the photography experience will not be a deciding factor in the purchase decision or not. Xiaomi Black Shark 4 Pro Android Smartphone was launched in 2021, March 23. It is running on the Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm) processor with Adreno 660 GPU. The phone has 12 GB RAM and 256 GB of internal storage which is not expandable.